Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Head of BME leaving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wckirby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Head of BME leaving Reply with quote

Dr. Richard Hart is leaving for Ohio State. From what his wife said, he just got an offer he couldn't refuse.

Dr. Gaver is going to take over as the head of the department.
Mechanical Engineering Class of '06
perturbed1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who are happy in their jobs don't go looking for new ones.
TUgradstudent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure they do... happens all the time. And sometimes jobs come looking for you. And it is too good to pass up, no matter how much you like your current job.

There are many reasons why people change jobs.

I think most people have made their peace with this decision (i.e., combining Engineering into Science and Engineering). Maybe it is time you guys did, too, and stop looking for reasons to tear the university down. If you aren't happy, move on.
perturbed1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I tear the university down? I merely observed that the good professor left his job as head of one of the universities most highly ranked departments to take a similar position in Ohio. Seems you are the one reading that as a negative. Why? Could it be because you are not an idiot only an ass?

Oh and if I want your advice on what I should do I will ask for it. In the mean time I bought my ticket and will cheer or boo when I feel like it. Get used to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: