Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas Season approaches, how about gifts for donations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayalexander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Christmas Season approaches, how about gifts for donations Reply with quote

The word "gift" gave me an idea. Since the holiday season is approaching, how about we advertise how great a gift a shirt for saving SoE would make. Not only that, we can advertise to parents to buy Engineering/Tulane/non-Tulane promotional items through us to give to their kids. Of course, all profits would go to the SoE charity that we have created.
jmikowski

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is definately something we have been looking into. The problem is thus:

1. We officially don't have the system in place to deal with actual money. Up until now everything has been out of pocket from Will and myself (its ok its not much).

2. T-shirts would be awesome...but I'm not sure about the legal issues for using the Tulane name...perhaps if we made them www.SaveTulaneEngineering.org but then again perhaps not. We NEED more legal help and we are still looking for a lawyer who can help us.

3. It would be expensive to make the shirts, unless anyone has the connections already, perhaps from making all those other cool engineering shirts out there.

That all being said. If we could get all that in order. I would LOVE to have shirts made and sold to start raising both awareness and some funds.

Again, ANY lawyers who are able to represent us or assist us please contact Will and I ASAP. We have a lawyer looking into the Not-For-Profit for us but could still use other advice.

Keep the ideas coming!
TwoEven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's been said. In reference to how to print shirts, especially quickly and on demand, dont forget about using cafepress. There would be no initial outlay (I believe the stores are free) to print shirts that may or may not be legal, and you won't have to deal with shipping them. People could have them before they get back to tulane. It would be a neat way to show our numbers if we all wore them in a coordinated effort.
ckp24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Partners Reply with quote

How about becoming a partner with savetulane.com in some way? They already have wristbands and several items @ cafepress -

http://www.tulanereturn.com/
http://www.cafepress.com/tulane

The student who runs it all is..
-Craig Karger- Tulane University: Class of 2008
craig@savetulane.com

Another possible collaboration could be with the folks who started
http://www.nolahurricanefund.org/ At the leat I'm sure they'd be willing to put a link up to this site on their own.
jmikowski

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! I have sent e-mails to both Craig and the fine people at the nolahurricanefund.org. I will let you all know what comes of it. Keep the ideas coming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Tulane Students, Faculty, Alumni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: