Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's the Start
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Pledge Your Support ($$$)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aRadler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to my preliminary count, up to this post there is dedicated
$36,250 per year!
well done everyone. Makes me proud to be a tulane Engineer through all of this.
coreyhopper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: pledge Reply with quote

I can't put in to words how I felt when I heard Cowen's plan to "revitalize" Tulane. Coming from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I've seen my parents lose their home and everything they own. Same story for my inlaws and countless numbers of friends and family. It sickens me to see things people have worked so hard for all their lives taken away so quickly. Selfishly, I feel as if I have lost so much of my past already (baby books, family home videos, photo albums) that I can't believe they would dare take my school away as well. I can't even begin to describe how I feel about the situation current professors are in ... I'm speechless.

I pledge $1,000 for life if the EECS program continues.

-Corey Hopper
CS 2001
dirtgirl757

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: $100 Reply with quote

I can only give a one time $100 right now. I'm an eng freshman currently working as a waitress, but will have to quit once school starts. I was supposed to work in Cowen's office but have been told there is no job for me. Thus my income will cease to exist as will my major- ME.
marcusanzalone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: pledge Reply with quote

For now, $200 per year for life. I hope when things get a bit better, to increase this.
kgalloway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pledge 1% of my future salary if Tulane can convince me to stay, which means they must reinstate all engineering majors and spend a significant portion of what they were Pre-Katrina. I'll decide how much is enough when I know what the cuts to other programs were.
pbreslo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: A sense of duty ... to repay your scholarship Reply with quote

I calculated that Tulane (and the LA Board of Regents) invested over $250,000 in my educational experience at Tulane (undergrad -> PhD) - and that's probably not including a lot of overhead. I've mentioned my pledge to repay that with interest. Tulane may be overpriced in some regards and it is definitely guilty of 'nickel and diming' students, but that shouldn't disuade someone from fullfilling their part of the bargin.

I'm sure many of the engineering students who have received such generous support would be more than happy to repay a portion of it - if not more. But not to a school that turns it's back on them, and not to a school lead by such secretive and destructive leadership.
jleissi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pledge 1.5% of my annual salary if all departments of the Engineering School are maintained.

Jo Leissinger
BSChE '02
rfenster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pledge 100 dollars a year for life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Pledge Your Support ($$$) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: