Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index Save Tulane Engineering
The Weblog of Tulane Students and Alumni Concerned about Engineering’s Future at Tulane University

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's the Start
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Pledge Your Support ($$$)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. H.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Here's the Start Reply with quote

I'll pledge $5,000 a year for life, with COL increases AND put it in my will if the EECS programs continue at Tulane.

If my Computer Forensics company continues to florish, I'll make it 10K.

Dr. H.
drevill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: CHALLENGE!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I pledge 1.5% of my salary to keep the School of Engineering. My employer matches employee donations to education 100%.

Dr. H is right. The undergraduate engineering experience at TU is second to none.

I challenge all engineering alumni to pledge 1.5% of your salary to keep the SoE!

David Revill
EE, CompE '02
Brian Wells

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Pledge Reply with quote

I'll pledge $500 this summer, and a $1000 a year for life starting in 2007 to keep the engineering school
CWendling A&S 1990

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pledge $250.00.
jmikowski

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWendling A&S 1990

Thank you for your pledge. Please register with the forums so we can have your contact information, or email it to me at Justin.Mikowski@SaveTulaneEngineering.org

Thank you for your support!
waveonwave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pledge $200 a year for the next three years (until I graduate from Tulane undergrad) and once I graduate from law school and have a real job, I pledge $2,000 a year...but ONLY if Tulane continues with all its engineering programs intact....and considers re-instating its Sports and Exercise Science program
ecouper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Pledge Reply with quote

$250
ggreen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pledge $500 a year in 2006 and 2007 (while I am in college). Starting in 2008, I will give $1000 a year, adjusted for inflation.
aRadler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Pledge ($1200 per year) Reply with quote

$ 250 then $200 X each reinstated department, (does anyone know the tax deductable minimum?) once I get a job after grad school
mollyzogirl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Tax Deductions and my Pledge Reply with quote

$5 a month for the remainder of time in school ($60/year)
$200 (minimum) a year after graduation.

(I would do more but I have a car payment and tuition loans out the wazoo)

Of course every donation depends on the reinstatement of the engineering programs that were deemed not 'world-class'

P.S.
ANY donations to Tulane are Tax Deductible. Also, if this becomes a not-for-profit organization, any donations through STE will be Tax deductible. There is no minimum. Some tulane alumni donate $10 a year and get it taken off of their taxes.
Gunsandrosses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$100 a year while I'm in school (1-3 years) and $500 a year afterwards.
Jay Leblang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: At least 1.5% of my salary Reply with quote

Assuming we can keep all the Engineering programs in tact, I will pledge at least 1.5% of my salary per year to either the fund or to the Tulane School of Engineering.

Please let me know ASAP if this fund gets created by the end of the year so I can use my employer's match to get an extra $1000.
Dr. H.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Faculty Pledges Reply with quote

Please note that Dr. Singh from the EECS has pledged $1,000 a year to keep engineering. It is on the Yahoo group site.

When you see him be sure to say thanks.

Dr. H.
Dr. H.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Dr. Signh Reply with quote

I sent Dr. Signh a note of thanks for the pledge, here is his reply:

"Johnette,

If Tulane is willing to do away its madness, I am willing to pledge
one month salary as long as I am in Tulane. Please pass on
this message to STE Fund fellows.

Thanks

Regards

Brij"

WOW! Laughing

Dr. H.
MVDoran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pledge at least $500 each year if CS is restored.
I enjoyed watching the formation of the CS program in the late 1970's and then the formation of the graduate program in the early 1980's. I am so very proud of my degrees and thankful to all the faculty who taught and mentored me over those many years. We cannot allow this insane action to take place. Non sibi sed suis - The future students deserve the Tulane experience. The faculty are the best and have devoted their lives to Tulane. Thank you Mark, Johnette, Fred, Boum, Bill, Vic (SLAW) and all the other CS faculty past and present. I wish I could do more, I feel so helpless and disheartened.

Mike Doran
BS'82
ME '84
PhD'89
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Save Tulane Engineering Forum Index -> Pledge Your Support ($$$) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: